We work to prevent problems, and we help solve the problems that can’t be prevented.
Our appellate practice team is among Tennessee’s most experienced and most successful.
Lawyers with extensive trial experience in Tennessee’s state and federal courts.
Focused advice for the particular needs of government agencies and non-profits.
We help Tennessee’s families and businesses plan for and navigate the changes that life brings.
If you’ve been hurt—from a car wreck, a fall, a medical procedure, or an accident—we can help.
Dodson Parker Behm & Capparella Attorneys Tyler Yarbro and Margaret Behm Among Founders of Tennessee Freedom Circle to Raise Awareness and Advocate for Reproductive Freedoms
Tyler Yarbro and Margaret Behm are among a group of lawyers who have founded the Tennessee Freedom Circle, an organization that seeks to connect and educate lawyers working to advance reproductive freedoms and to empower those who want to make changes to the laws that impair the reproductive decisions of all Tennesseans. The group came together following the August 25, 2022 enactment of Tennessee’s trigger ban law, which criminalizes the act of performing an abortion.
You can read more about Tennessee Freedom Circle and the efforts of its founders, by visiting the website www.tnfreedomcircle and by following the media coverage of the organization’s launch at WPLN-News, News Channel 5, and Tennessee Lookout.
Tyler Chance Yarbro has been recognized by Best Lawyers® since 2016. For 2023, she was also named “Lawyer of the Year” in Nashville for her work in the area of Employment Law-Individuals. This recognition is given to the lawyer who receives the highest overall peer feedback provided in response to the Best Lawyers peer selection surveys. This honor is limited to one attorney per specialty in each region
Seven Dodson Parker Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 Edition; 18 Firm Practice Areas Represented
Seven lawyers from the firm were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023. The attorneys are recognized for their work in 18 practice areas.
Margaret Behm has been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers® list in the Nashville area since 2001. She is currently recognized in the following areas:
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law – Individuals
- Employment Law – Management
- Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Municipal Law
- Nonprofit / Charities Law
Michael Bressman, is currently recognized for his work in Art Law, Information Technology Law, Nonprofit/ Charities Law, and Trademark Law.
Donald Capparella has been named to the publication since 2013, and is currently recognized in the areas of Appellate Practice, Insurance Law, and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
Miranda R. Christy is recognized for her work in Real Estate Law.
Harlan Dodson has been named to the Best Lawyers® publication since 2012, and is currently recognized for his work in the following categories:
- Nonprofit/ charities Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Commercial Transactions/ UCC Law
Paul Parker is recognized for his work in the areas of Tax Law, and Trusts and Estates.
Tyler C. Yarbro, has been named 2023 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Nashville for her work in Employment Law – Individuals, and is also recognized in the fields of Employment Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor & Employment.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Dodson Parker Behm and Capparella, PC is pleased to have four lawyers included among the Nashville Business Journal’s 2022 “Best of the Bar.” The annual list is compiled through nomination, and attorneys are selected by their peers for inclusion.
- Harlan Dodson was honored in the field of Estate Planning. He is the founder and co-author of Introduction to Estate Planning and Administration in Tennessee. He also counsels businesses on matters ranging from startup and formation through business succession planning.
- Margaret Behm was selected in the field of Labor and Employment. In addition to her employment work, Behm represents clients in matters related to municipal law, estate planning, bankruptcy, and commercial litigation.
- Tyler Chance Yarbro was honored in the Litigation and Dispute category. She has extensive experience in courtroom advocacy to advise and assist clients with their litigation needs. She is involved in a wide range of matters, including employment, probate, commercial, and criminal defense litigation.
- Miranda Christy was selected in the Real Estate category. Her practice focuses largely on finance, business transactions, non-profit organizations, and real estate, advising various clients on acquisitions, dispositions, financing, development, and leasing.
Each attorney above has been named previously to the list, and firm attorneys have been named to the Nashville Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar” List for more than ten consecutive years.
Donald Capparella will be presenting a CLE at Nashville Bar Association on August 11, at 5:00 p.m. based on the Harper Lee novel To Kill A Mockingbird. The seminar will discuss best practices for opening and closing arguments and jury voir dire. Following the CLE, registrants will be able to attend the performance of To Kill A Mockingbird at TPAC. For more information or to register to attend the CLE please click here.
–Margaret L. Behm, Founding Partner
–Harlan Dodson, Founding Partner
–Tyler Chance Yarbro, Managing Partner