We work to prevent problems, and we help solve the problems that can’t be prevented.
Our appellate practice team is among Tennessee’s most experienced and most successful.
Lawyers with extensive trial experience in Tennessee’s state and federal courts.
Focused advice for the particular needs of government agencies and non-profits.
We help Tennessee’s families and businesses plan for and navigate the changes that life brings.
If you’ve been hurt—from a car wreck, a fall, a medical procedure, or an accident—we can help.
Margaret Behm recently spoke with WNBA Coach and Vanderbilt Alumna Carolyn Peck about Nashville’s efforts to bring a WNBA expansion team to the city. Behm, who serves on Nashville’s Sports Authority, noted the growing enthusiasm in Nashville for effort. You can see the interview and read the article here.
DBPC Listed in Best Lawyers® – U.S. News 2022 Edition “Best Law Firms” List for Metro Nashville Area; 17 Practice Areas Recognized
U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers have announced their 2022 “Best Law Firms” rankings. According to the publications, the rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations and peer review from leading attorneys in their field.
Dodson Parker Behm & Capparella, PC received rankings in seventeen different practice areas for the Metro Nashville Area, with “Tier 1” rankings in Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Employment- Individuals, Employment – Management, Insurance Law, Litigation-Labor & Employment, Non-Profit/Charities Law, Personal Injury Litigation- Plaintiffs, and Trusts & Estates Law.
Seven Dodson Parker Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2022; 18 Firm Practice Areas Represented
Seven lawyers from the firm were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022. The attorneys are recognized for their work in 18 practice areas.
Margaret Behm has been named 2022 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Nashville for her work in Employment Law for individuals, and she is currently recognized in the following areas:
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law – Individuals
- Employment Law – Management
- Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Municipal Law
- Nonprofit / Charities Law
Michael Bressman is recognized for his work in Art Law, Information Technology Law, Nonprofit/ Charities Law, and Trademark Law.
Donald Capparella is recognized in the areas of Appellate Practice, Insurance Law, and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
Miranda R. Christy is recognized for her work in Real Estate Law.
Harlan Dodson has been named 2022 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Nashville for his work in Commercial Transactions / UCC Law and is also recognized for his work in the following categories:
- Nonprofit/ charities Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts and Estates
Paul Parker is recognized for his work in the areas of Tax Law, and Trusts and Estates.
Tyler C. Yarbro, is recognized for her work in Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor & Employment.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Dodson Parker Behm and Capparella is pleased to have four lawyers included among the Nashville Business Journal’s 2021 “Best of the Bar.” The annual list is compiled through nomination, and attorneys are selected by their peers for inclusion.
- Harlan Dodson was honored in field of Estate Planning. He is the founder and co-author of Introduction to Estate Planning and Administration in Tennessee. He also counsels businesses on matters ranging from startup and formation through business succession planning.
- Margaret Behm was selected in the field of Labor and Employment. In addition to her employment work, Behm represents clients in matters related to municipal law, estate planning, bankruptcy, and commercial litigation.
- Donald Capparella was named in the Litigation and Dispute category. Focusing his practice exclusively on litigation, Capparella is regularly called upon to handle personal injury and commercial litigation at the trial and appellate level.
- Tyler Chance Yarbro was selected in the Litigation and Dispute category. She has extensive experience in courtroom advocacy to advise and assist clients with their litigation needs. She is involved in a wide range of litigation matters, including employment, probate, and criminal law.
Each attorney above has been named previously to the list, and firm attorneys have been named to the Nashville Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar” List for more than ten consecutive years.
Kimberly Macdonald represented Cumberland Advisory Group in a dispute over a property boundary line. She argued the case earlier this year, and the Court of Appeals issued its opinion on March 3, 2021 in favor of Cumberland Advisory Group. You can read more about the case on the Dodson Parker Law Blawg.
–Tyler Chance Yarbro, Managing Partner
–Margaret L. Behm, Founding Partner
–Harlan Dodson, Founding Partner